Friday, March 1, 2013

Life Change

Today I (Angie) visited work and let them know that I've decided not to come back to work after my leave (which was supposed to end March 13).  I've worked there for 13 years now, and I've been really feeling ready for a change, especially after everything we went through with Joey.  I've never gotten to be home with my kids for any length of time, and I want to have that experience.

Financially, this is very significant for us.  We're leaving it up to God to determine how long I'm able to go without working.  It may be for only a few months, we just don't know.  I'd like to find some things to do here and there to bring in some income but not have to have work at a steady, full-time job for a while.  I'm an accountant, so I'm used to relying on the answers from a spreadsheet.  In this case, the spreadsheet says I'll need to go back to work sooner than I want, but we'll see what God has planned.

So far, it's been very different to be home.  I'm very task-focused, so I have a long list of things to do each day.  I don't get them all done, but it keeps me more focused and making sure that I don't spend my entire day cuddling with Ava (although I do a lot of that, too).


No comments: