Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two Years

It was 2 years ago today that Joey was diagnosed with leukemia.  I can't believe it's been that long.  I asked him if he remembers what it was like before he had it and said only a little bit.  When I look at pictures from those first few days, I remember the feelings very clearly.  At that time, I didn't know what the future held for him, but he's doing so well now.  He'll be done with the chemo in April, which will obviously be a huge milestone.  The fear of relapse creeps into my mind sometimes, but overall, I'm confident that he'll be fine.  He "shouldn't" relapse, but the reality is that no one really knows.

I like to keep track of things, so here is a listing of treatments, etc, from the last two years:


4 hospital admissions
3 ER visits
110 Visits to Dr Rosen
4 surgeries
2 bone marrow aspirations
14 spinal taps
6 blood transfusions
1 platelet transfusion
10 x-rays
2 CT scans
130 CBC's (50 finger pokes)
1 MRI
3 EKG's
2 Electrocardiograms
94 days of steroids
74 rounds of chemo drugs (different types, including 672 MTX pills & 27 MTX Shots)
3 sinus infections
2 Hickman infections
11 Rounds of antibiotics (plus every weekend)
1 case of pneumonia
11 port accesses
 

No comments: