Saturday, November 19, 2011

Leo 2000-2011

Eleven years ago, we added a cat to our family, named Leo.  He and our other cat, Ollie, have been best friends ever since. Over the last few months, I've noticed something not quite right with him, and one day, I saw him have a seizure.  I then realized that he'd probably been having them for a few months.  We took him to the vet to have him evaluated to see if she agreed that he had epilepsy. Before we went, we told the kids that he may not be coming home.  They were upset (especially Katherine), but they understood and said their goodbyes.  The vet confirmed the epilepsy and said that we could try to treat it. It was a really hard decision to make, but I knew I couldn't take on the care of another sick creature. I'm barely keeping my head above water now with a stressful job and Joey's care, not to mention all the other normal things that come with being a wife and mother. I've never made the decision to put an animal down before and it was not easy.



No comments: