Saturday, July 16, 2011

After the holiday weekend, we all went back to work and daycare.  I was at work for about 30 minutes when I got a call that Joey had starting vomiting.  I picked him up and he spent the day with his dad.  The next day, we spent some time visiting with the pediatrician and then went to see Dr. Rosen.  He got his Vincristine and spinal tap.  He was determined to be a big boy for the spinal and he was.  He didn't fight and he was really proud that he didn't shed a single tear even though it hurt.

On the way home, he fell asleep, so I put him in bed and let him sleep a few hours.  I checked on him and he felt really warm, so I checked his temp and it was 104.2.  He said his whole body hurt and he could barely keep his eyes open.  I paged Dr. Rosen who said that it can be a reaction to either the spinal or the chemo.  By the end of the night, his fever was gone and he felt better.  It turned out to be nothing much, but it scared me at the time.

This last week, Joey went to Camp Quality, a camp for cancer kids.  I just picked him up today, he was there from Sunday to today (Friday).  He had a complete blast.  He also became really close to another boy that we had met a few times before.  They were inseparable.  I have some pictures but will get more, and I'll post some later.

Katherine also got to go to camp this week, but she only stayed one night.  She went to a Girl Scout camp that she paid for with her cookie money.  She had a lot of fun, but I didn't get muc information from her and I didn't have a way to get pictures.

No comments: