Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We braved the elements again today to go to the doctor for another dose of Vincristine.  A 5-min push of meds turned into 2 1/2 hours, but we made it.  I worked from home today and it was just me and Joey.  After lunch, I thought it was very quiet in the house, so I came out of my office to see what he was doing.  His bedroom door was closed.  I peaked in to see him asleep under his covers.  The poor guy had crawled into bed all on his own.  I could tell even before that, that he was getting tired.  It's not the kind of tired like when it's bedtime - it's the kind where you know all of his muscles are tired. 

Here is a picture of him with his new friend, Jesse, who also has leukemia.  We met Jesse and his mom in the hospital. 

He was given 2 Lego sets by people that work with me at Hawker.  He loves these things!  He wanted to pose with them - I did not make him do it.
 

1 comment:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I'm so glad he made a new friend! The pictures are adorable.